Good call on the curry Mark, but Nigel Slater annoys me.
Sweet potato and spinach curry
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 red onions, thinly sliced
2 large cloves of garlic, finely chopped
1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
2 green chillies, thinly sliced
1 teaspoon ground coriander
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon black mustard seeds
1 heaped teaspoon turmeric
800g (1¾ lb) sweet potato, diced with skins left on
375ml (13 fl oz) vegetable stock
150g (5 oz) spinach, coarsely chopped
Large handful of fresh coriander leaves, coarsely torn
1 tablespoon toasted flaked almonds
1. Heat the oil in a large saucepan and cook the onion, garlic, ginger, and chilli.
2. When the onion has softened, add all the spices and heat until they become fragrant.
3. Add the sweet potato and stock and simmer for about 15–20 minutes until the sweet potato is soft.
4. At this point add the spinach.
5. Once the spinach has wilted, the curry is ready to serve with coriander leaves, topped with flaked almonds.