We want the Community to be a safe and supportive place where people living with a terminal illness and anyone close to them can share their experiences and get support. So when the moderators take action they'll always be doing it with this in mind.
We may edit or remove posts, or warn or ban users (temporarily or permanently) from the Community if they breach our Community Terms and Conditions (including if they don’t follow these guidelines). But we'll always try our best to contact the user concerned to explain why.
- You must be 18 and over to use the Community. If you are under 18 you can find support on the Teenage Cancer Trust website, on Youngcarers.net or from CLIC Sargent.
- Be kind to each other. A lot of people on the Community will be having a difficult time so a little kindness can go a long way. Also remember to be patient with each other, especially with new users, as posting for the first time can be daunting.
- Respect each other. Please don't post anything that could be considered offensive, abusive, hate speech, defamatory or otherwise objectionable. It’s fine to disagree with people but be polite while doing so and criticise the ideas in a post rather than the person who made it.
- Be careful about what you share online. Please don't post your real name, address, telephone number or email address in public on the Community.
- Likewise please respect the privacy of other users and don't repost or share any private conversations you have with anyone.
- Do share your experiences and support each other but please don't post any medical or other professional advice or discourage other users from seeking medical or other professional advice.
- Please don’t use the Community to conduct surveys, research or fundraising or seek volunteers for any organisation other than Marie Curie.
- Please don't offer to sell, advertise or promote anything on the Community. We'll remove any posts of this nature.
- Please don't spam the Community – this includes posting the same message more than once. Also please don’t post anything that could be harmful to our systems or service or to another person’s computer or systems.
- Please don't identify medical professionals or organisations by name when commenting, especially if you're posting a complaint. This is to avoid any risk of legal disputes.
- Please don’t post anything or encourage anything that could be illegal; this includes posting anything or doing anything that breaches the legal rights of others (such as copyright and/or intellectual property rights).
- Please don’t deceive, mislead or manipulate others or impersonate the Community Moderation Team, members of Marie Curie staff or other users or persons. Also please don’t use more than one account on the Community.
- We reserve the right to remove any post or thread if we believe they are unsuitable for the Community or factually incorrect, or for any other reason if we feel it necessary.
- If you spot a post that breaches these guidelines please tell us and then ignore it. You can report a post to the moderators by clicking on the report this post button or emailing us at email@example.com.