Forgotten Password



Not Registered?



1 2
Password must contain:
  • At least 10 characters
  • One uppercase letter
  • One lowercase letter
  • One number
  • One special character
  • Do not use common words or phrase


Register Step12

  • Upload an image for your profile

    Or drag and drop file here

  • Helping someone left behind



    1 reply


    My Mum has a terminal diagnosis and when she passes away, will leave my half brother - who is 19 - with no family other than myself and my household (husband and three children). We (my mum and I), are worried about where he could live and how he can afford to live and pay bills alone (I have no spare bedrooms, so he could sleep on my sofa but we obviously want something more permanent for him). He is currently a first year university student and unemployed. It would be a huge weight off of my mum's mind if we knew if there was any support available to someone in his position. Any help or guidance very gratefully received!

  • Delete Post?

  • Hannah11

    Hello isabellamaria88, 

    Thank you for joining the Online Community. I'm sorry to hear about your mother's diagnosis and all that you are experiencing as a family. 

    It's understandable that you and your mum are concerned about your brother and his needs. You may find that the housing advice charity Shelter would be able to offer some support to your family. You can find them here: 

    If the home is rented from the council or a housing association then one of their housing officers may be able to help offer some advice.

    Does your brother's university have a welfare team? They might be able to offer some additional help too.

    I hope this information is useful and you find the help and support you are looking for. We're always here to offer practical information and emotional support on Freephone 0800 090 2309. 

    Take care & stay safe, 

    Hannah - Support Line Officer.

  • Delete Post?