Follow up care

  • Posts: 1
    14/08/2016  06:56

    Hi, I'm new to the group. I'm frustrated by lack of information and hope someone out there can help. My eldest son had two ribs removed with a malignant cancer last year but has had no further scans or tests to check there is no further spread. What can I do within the NHS as our GP is useless? Gavin

  • Posts: 229
    17/08/2016  11:16

    Hi Gavin,


    I am sorry to read of your Son’s diagnosis. I would suggest contacting the Patient advice and liaison service (PALS) at the hospital where your son received his treatment. PALS provide help in many ways. For example they can:

    Help you with health-related questions

    Help resolve concerns or problems when you are using the NHS

    Tell you how to get more involved in your own health care.

    You can find your local PALs by using this link:

    If you want to talk to somebody outside the NHS, you can us on the support line on 0800 090 2309


    I hope this helps you,