grumpywelshman 9 years ago
I thought I'd share this report mentioned on the BBC yesterday , mentioning statistics on palliative care in Wales. Goes to highlight the important work that Marie Curie and other charities do.
The report recommends the Welsh government and NHS Wales:
- Reduce the number of emergency days spent in hospital by people in the last year of life by 10%
- Commission a study to establish if people from all socio-economic groups have equal access to care
- Focus areas of low uptake such as among non-cancer patients and older people
- Establish what is causing apparent differences in provision between health boards
- Explore establishing one central database recording palliative care data from all settings